Paying your affiliates should be easy. AffiliateWP integrates directly with Payouts Service to make paying your affiliates fast and hassle-free. Seamlessly pay affiliates in over 30 countries and in 130+ currencies.
To pay your affiliates through the Payouts service, you’ll need to do three things:
- Register your site with the Payouts Service
- Enable the Payouts Service on your site
- Instruct each of your affiliates to register their payment details from inside their Affiliate Area
Once each of those steps is completed, you will be able to submit payouts via the service.
Registering your site
To register your site with the Payouts Service, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Navigate to Affiliates → Settings → Payouts Service
- Click the link that says Connect to the AffiliateWP Payouts Service
You will be taken to a screen that asks you to log in with your AffiliateWP.com username and password. Use the same login credentials that you use for your account on the AffiliateWP.com website.
After logging in, you will be taken to the following screen:
After you have filled out the requested information and click Connect Site, you will be redirected back to your AffiliateWP settings screen that shows your site is successfully connected.
Enabling the Payouts Service
Once your site is connected to the Payouts Service, you can enable it by checking the box next to Enable Payouts Service.
When the Payouts Service is enabled, affiliates will be given the option to register their payment details inside of the Affiliate Area.
Besides enabling or disabling the Payouts Service, there are two additional settings available:
- Registration Form Description – This allows you to enter a message (including custom HTML) that will be shown to affiliates above the payment registration form. This can be used for informational purposes to help explain to affiliates why they need to register or how their payouts will be received.
- Payouts Service Notice – This allows you to enter a message (including custom HTML) that will be shown at the top of the Affiliate Area to any affiliate that has not successfully registered their payment details.
Here’s an example of how you might use the Payouts Service Notice:
That will result in a message that looks like this (exact appearance is dependent on your theme):
Affiliate payment registration
In order for your affiliates to be paid through the Payouts Service, each active affiliate needs to register their payment details. Your affiliates can register their payment account by logging in to the Affiliate Area then clicking on the Settings tab. On that screen they will be shown a registration form if they have not yet registered:
To register their account, the requested information needs to be filled out and the form submitted. Upon submitting the form, the affiliate will be taken to the registration form with the option to register with a bank account or credit/debit card. If your Payouts Service account uses white labeling, subdued branding will display with your store logo.
Here they will enter their bank account or debit card information for where they wish their affiliate earnings to be deposited. Once their payment details are submitted successfully, they will be returned to the Affiliate Area on your website and shown a screen like this:
If at anytime the affiliate wants to change the bank account or debit card attached to their account, they can click the link shown after the Want to change your payout method?. That will send the affiliate an email with instructions on how to change their payout destination.
After your site is connected to the Payouts Service and your affiliates have registered their payment details, you can begin processing payouts. To submit a payout, log in to your WordPress site’s dashboard and navigate to Affiliates → Referrals and click Pay Affiliates:
You will be taken to a screen where you can set the parameters for the payout you wish to process. The following options are available:
- Affiliate – This field allows you to select a single, specific affiliate to pay. If you wish to pay all affiliates, leave this field blank.
- Start Date – This lets you define the earliest referral date to include in the payout.
- End Date – This lets you define the latest referral date to include in the payout.
- Minimum Earnings – This allows you to specify the minimum amount of unpaid earnings an affiliate must have in order to be included in the payout.
- Payout Method – This lets you select how the affiliates will be paid. Choose Payouts Service.
Click the Preview Payout button to see the total earnings that will be paid out, all associated fees, and which affiliates are to be paid. If you have affiliates that have not registered through the Payouts Service, you will also be shown a list of those affiliates. This can be useful if you wish to manually reach out to them to encourage them to register.
Click the Submit Payout button at the bottom of the screen. You will now be taken to an invoice for the summed total of the payout plus processing fees. As soon as the invoice is paid, our system will begin processing the payout and dispersing funds to the recipient affiliates.
That’s it! You are done! 🎉
The Payouts Service will disperse all earnings to affiliates within 2-14 days and each affiliate will be notified when their earnings are deposited.
Tax information and forms
Sandhills Development, LLC, is a USA company and complies with all IRS rules and regulations.
Merchant of record
Sandhills Development, LLC, operates as the merchant of record for all payouts processed through the Payouts Service. This means that Sandhills Development, LLC, is responsible for sending all necessary tax forms to payout recipients whom are USA citizens.
Tax forms for USA residents
All payout recipients that are USA citizens and receive funds through the Payouts Service into a USA account will receive a 1099-MISC tax form from Sandhills Development, LLC, that reports the summed total of all earnings paid to that person through the Payouts Service.
Businesses that use the Payouts Service for paying affiliates do not need to report any earnings paid to affiliates through the Payouts Service on their tax forms. All tax forms will be filed by Sandhills Development, LLC. Funds paid by a business to Sandhills Development, LLC, for payout processing should be classified as professional business services.
Tax forms for non-USA residents
Payout recipients that are non-USA citizens will be considered as international contractors and will not receive any formal tax form from Sandhills Development, LLC.